Monday 23 December 2013

Stormy Tuesday... A day fit for a Christmassy blog post.

Morning readers. If you're reading from the South Essex area and you work in London, you're probably 'um'ing and 'arr'ing as to whether to go to work on Christmas Eve with delays and cancellations on the cards.. (www.c2c-online.co.uk) But imagine this; sitting in your cosy home, dressing gown on, hot choccie in hand (with a bit of cream on top preferably) reading this blog. Couldn't be worse than sitting in a humid, sweaty carriage... Right?

So you're probably wondering what this one's all about. It's about good will. By no means am I religious (but when it comes to ghost stories it's another matter) but I remember when I was about 6 or 7, I wouldn't want for much. The new Barbie Speedboat - Great!, even a 13v Cordless Drill Driver (I loved DIY, 13 years old at the time) - DEFINITELY. Children these days are asking for iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys and other gifts of this ilk. But what's better to give them as a gift for Christmas? A gift that will keep 'em quiet when you need them to be? Or the gift of knowing the value of things instead of its price..

What I'm trying to say is, don't lose the initial reason why Christmas is so cheery; spend it with your family or friends. Enjoy them whilst they're there. Gifts can be lost, broken or "become boring", but memories spending Christmas with your loved ones can be priceless and will be with you for the rest of your life.

That's enough from me, you won't get a glassy-eyed blog post like that from me for a while now. So with all that in mind, I'm gonna crack open the Haribo and let the Christmas festivities begin!!



Over and Out...

No comments:

Post a Comment